Complaints and disputes

Internal Dispute Resolution Procedure (IDRP)

If you make a complaint, we want to provide an answer to your complaint that you’re happy with. If you still think there’s still a problem after we’ve finished our investigation, you can raise your complaint further. Take a look at the Internal Dispute Resolution Procedure (IDRP) on the factsheets page.

The Pensions Advisory Service (TPAS)

TPAS is a voluntary organisation of pension professionals who give free, impartial information and guidance about pensions, to members of the public. TPAS will help members and beneficiaries in connection with any questions, or help with specific queries.

You can contact them at:

Website: (there is also a webchat facility available)


Money and Pensions Service
120 Holborn


0800 011 3797 (lines are open 9.00am to 5.00pm Monday to Friday)

The Pensions Ombudsman (TPO)

If you’re still unhappy following a decision made through the IDRP, you can take your case to TPO provided you do so within three years from the date of the original decision (or lack of a decision) which you are disputing, or within three years of when you first became aware of the problem.

TPO investigates complaints and settles disputes about pension schemes. However, before making a formal complaint to them, you would normally be expected to have progressed through both the first and second stages of the IDRP.

TPO’s decision is final and binding for all parties, subject to any appeal made to the High Court on a point of law.

You can contact them at:




The Pensions Ombudsman
10 South Colonnade
Canary Wharf
E14 4PU


0800 917 4487